PLEASE NOTE: This page is for reserving meeting rooms/event spaces. To reserve a study room, please contact us directly.
21st Century Library Meeting Room Fees
Users are classified into the following groups for determining scheduling priority and the applicable fees and charges.
a. City of Hayward departments or governmental agencies directly serving residents of Hayward, e.g., HUSD, HARD, County of Alameda, etc.
b. Nonprofits under IRS Code 501(c)(3) and open membership group that are co- sponsored by the Library Department.
c. Nonprofit groups under IRS Code 501(c)(3) based in and directly serving residents of Hayward, whose purpose is the betterment of the community.
d. Other organized clubs or special interest group that have been granted IRS Code 501(c)(3, 4 or 6) nonprofit status with open membership, formal organization, and officers.
e. Other public or private civic, cultural, educational, or charitable groups not previously mentioned above.
f. Hayward businesses with company facilities located within the Hayward City limits.
g. All other businesses, commercial groups, private functions and other groups not previously mentioned above
Fee Rates by User Group
All rates hourly
* = no charge
|Fremont Bank Room (whole)||120||*||*||$35||$50||$75||$100||$150|
|Fremont Bank Room (subdivided ½)||60||*||*||$20||$35||$50||$75||$100|
|Meeting Room C||20||*||*||$20||$35||$50||$75||$100|
|Warming Kitchen (flat rate)||*||*||*||$50||$50||$100||$150|
Other Library Meeting Room Fees (all user groups)
|Application Fee||$6 non-refundable processing fee at time of application|
|Janitorial Service Fee (when needed)||$57 per event, plus janitorial hourly service fee|
|Room Setup Fee (when needed)||$50 - $100|
|Liability Insurance||Fees determined for each use.|
|Hayward Police Dept. Security||Fee determined by current overtime rates for police personnel|
|Private Vendor Security||Fee determined by current hourly rates, nature of event, number of attendees|
Free Meeting Room Options
The Hayward Library has several free meeting room and event space options available to the public.
The Weekes Branch John Pappas Legacy Room is available free-of-charge for all user groups with the following restrictions:
- Groups are limited to no more than 2 free bookings per month
- Any event/meeting held in these spaces must be free and open to the public
- The room is provided with tables and chairs.
- User is responsible for setting up the tables and chairs in the room and putting them away.
- Timing for setup and teardown should be built into the reservation.
- For an additional fee, the Library can provide setup and teardown.
Groups can also partner with the Library to plan an event in one of the larger library event spaces. Events that are co-sponsored by the Library do not require reservation fees. To propose a cosponsored program, please complete this form.
For smaller gatherings (seven or fewer people), the Downtown Library also has free study rooms available on a same-day first-come, first-served basis. Please contact us to reserve a study room.
- All meeting room applications must be submitted via the online scheduling system. Paper applications will not be accepted.
- Meeting room fees vary according to the organization booking the room (see definitions in User Groups).
- Operational costs, liability insurance, janitorial, and security fees may also be applicable.
- Minimum rental is two hours.
- Hourly rates are not prorated for parts of an hour.
- A non-refundable application fee is due and payable at the time of application.
- All other applicable fees are due and payable in full at the time of schedule confirmation.
- Meeting room cancellations or reschedules are subject to a processing fee.